Swan Housing Association were awarded Diversity Network Accreditation – DNA – in June 2016.
Distinctions were awarded for:
- Diverse leadership with high awareness of and demonstrable commitment to E&D from the Board, Executive and Senior managers with a proactive approach to emerging issues e.g. preparing for mandatory gender pay gap reporting.
- Swan has been proactive and successful at diversifying Board membership.
- Inclusive and positive organisational culture where staff are engaged and feel supported and valued.
- Diversity Days – for bringing together staff and tenants, range of topics covered, relevance and usefulness for staff in their day-to-day roles.
- Community development approach and range of creative activities and projects to deliver good outcomes for vulnerable groups.
A press release can be found here – Swan Housing DNA Press Release
“At Swan we are committed to tackling the equality issues that matter most to our residents, customers and employees. We wanted an external accreditation that would test our own view that our approach to equality, diversity and inclusion is robust and effective. We chose the Housing Diversity Network Accreditation (Housing DNA) as it is straightforward, holistic and outcome-focused. It provided us with a fantastic opportunity to celebrate and share our achievements, and helped us to identify opportunities for further improvement.
If you want an accreditation that will celebrate your commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion and help you do more, we would recommend the Housing DNA.”
Sandra Fawcett, Executive Director – Operations, Swan Housing Association