|Do you want to strengthen your governance and diversity?|
The programme is suitable for:
- Board Members who are new to Governance, or new to the Housing sector – to rapidly get up to speed on the challenges facing the sector, how other housing associations are responding and build a network of colleagues.
- Board Members who are considering becoming Chairs or Deputy Chairs – to deepen and consolidate knowledge and share experience with sector leaders.
- Board Members of tomorrow – to help develop greater diversity on Boards and succession planning by growing talent, either in existing staff members or engaged tenants.
“I have gained knowledge about ALMOs and about current challenges for organisations operating in London.
Caroline Philips, Senior Marketing Manager BT internet
The programme offers:
- Four meetings with a carefully selected mentor.
- Expert speakers from the HCA, NHF, National Federation of ALMOs and others.
- Learn from fellow board members of different organisations facing similar challenges in a safe learning environment.
- Content includes understanding finance, value for money, excellence in governance, development, board dynamics, role of board members and much more.
- Outcomes include increased confidence, self-awareness, different perspectives and new networks.
Applications for the 2018-19 programme is now open: To apply and complete an application form, click here
Closing date for the North progamme applications is Tuesday, 31st July 2018
Closing date for the South programme applications is Wednesday, 31st October 2018
Although we do accept applications all year round.
“My interest in the sector has been reignited through all the different ideas and positive work which HA’s are undertaken.”
The programme includes:
- Tailored one-to-one mentoring sessions with a carefully matched and trained external mentor.
- A 360 degree feedback tool and one-to-one coaching session at the start.
- Group workshops which focus on current issues and challenges within the regulatory, social and economic environment with speakers from across the sector.
Please find links below, to access timetables for the 2017-18 North and South programme;
“Having met such a wide range of people from different types of organisations, I am now able to look at issues and opportunities from a broader perspective.”
“My mentor has shown me ways of looking at information and how to question it, including explaining my thought process.”
Alexandra Woolmore, Senior Projects Director Argent LLP
Hear what past participants have to say about the programme here.
Watch the videos below to get a flavour of the the programme.
“We had some really challenging conversations about the quality of governance and how to recognise when things are not going well – this has made me think more deeply about how recognise/anticipate issues within my own work.
Elspeth Mackenzie, Chief Executive, Thrive Homes
“All housing providers are facing challenging times. Board members need to step up by supporting, challenging and assisting their executive teams. Mentoring programmes can provide Board members with the tools and confidence required to undertake their roles more effectively.”
Eamon McGoldrick, Managing Director
National Federation of ALMOs
For more information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01484 652 606.
Supporters of the programme