Job DetailsGev Tari2018-02-26T11:10:51+00:00
Money Advice OfficerReference Number:
Closing Date: 2020-02-28
Riverside currently have an exciting new role for a Money Advice Services Officer to join our transforming Home Ownership function. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with experience in welfare benefits looking to progress their career with one of the UK’s leading housing associations. What will you do? As a fundamental part of the Money Advice Services team, you will work with tenants and residents to offer confidential and comprehensive welfare benefits advice either over the phone or face to face with a view to improving prosperity and sustaining tenancies for Home Ownership’s residents. Day to day Your key responsibilities as Riverside’s Money Advice Services Officer will include:
- Form part of a centralised hub resource providing expertise in welfare and benefits and financial inclusion to Home Ownership customers.
- Deliver welfare benefits and debt advice both in a proactive and reactive setting, via phone, office interviews and home visits as appropriate.
- Utilise the case management system to maintain full and accurate case management records, information retrieval and statistics.
- Work closely with Income Management and other colleagues to maximise income and minimise arrears, particularly due to none take up of benefit entitlement or not addressing debts.
- Work closely with internal/external organisations who can help achieve the Group’s financial inclusion and worklessness objectives.
- Prepare and present cases to the appropriate statutory bodies, tribunals and courts where appropriate.
- Riverside Rewards scheme and app, providing valuable access to voluntary discounted benefits including high street and online savings
- 10% salary increase after 12 months’ service, dependent on performance
- 25 days holiday per year (plus bank holidays)
- Eligibility for flexi-time working
- Family friendly benefits providing enhanced maternity, paternity, shared parental leave and adoption
- Eye tests, glasses and lenses