Housing Diversity Network is a social enterprise that has supported housing providers
around equality, diversity and inclusion since 2002
HDN supports organisations to improve how they address inequality, get the most from their people, and meet the needs of their communities. Membership gives you free and discounted quality services such as places on our mentoring programme and expert equality and diversity (E&D) guidance. Crucially, your membership also supports HDN to continue to provide thought leadership and a collective voice on equality and diversity in the sector.
We have two main types of membership: ‘Standard’, which includes all of the benefits below apart from staff mentoring; and ‘Plus’ which includes all of the benefits below including mentoring. Membership fees vary based on the size of your organisation and which aspects of our services you choose.
Benefits of Membership
Membership includes access to FREE and discounted resources:
- HDN Staff Mentoring Programme – up to six free mentees depending on the size of your organisation. The programme is transformative, building the capacity and confidence of your staff. It invests in your staff by providing career development guidance and support through four full day mentoring master-classes and six one-to-one mentoring sessions.
- HDN Board Excellence Programme – discounted places (25%) on our national programme is designed to strengthen governance and enhance diversity in the sector. This has gone from strength to strength in recent years.
- Online self-assessment tool – gives a summary of possible next steps.
- Briefings and webinars – provide up-to-date relevant good practice, news, events, features and publications.
- Resources – Toolbox Talks, E&D presentations, a diversity guide and video and audio resources for individuals and teams, a free annual HDN Diversity Calendar.
- E-learning – access to our E&D package for operatives and contractors.
- Enquiry-line service – providing members with specific and practical E&D advice from HDN experts, as well as partners and E&D practitioner groups.
- Research – including the business case for diversity, the Public Sector Equality Duty, Human Rights Act and the equalities impact of welfare reform affecting housing providers.
‘This session has given me lots of great ideas of ways that I can implement or deliver a practical, meaningful session to people.’
Delegate – Train the EDI Trainer
‘I’ve been on very many equality and diversity training events, but this was by far the best’
Chair of a Housing Group
Improving Practice across the Sector
- HDN seminars, events, training and conferences with free or discounted places at some partner events.
- Specialist training and consultancy – our pool of specialists and experts can provide customised and comprehensive support to your organisation (10% discount for members).
- Diversity Network Accreditation (DNA) – our accreditation framework that focuses on outcomes taking an holistic view of how an organisation works with equality and diversity (30% discount for members).
- Equality and diversity thought leadership and campaigning for improving the sector’s policy and practice.