HDN is a social enterprise that supports organisations to improve how they address inequality, get the most from their staff and meet the needs of the communities they work with. Our membership scheme is designed to provide staff across your organisation with a comprehensive programme of mentoring support and instant access to information and support on equality and diversity issues.
We have two main types of membership – ‘Standard’ which includes all of the benefits below apart from staff mentoring and ‘Plus’ which includes all of the benefits below, including mentoring.
Support and invest in your people:
- Access to the HDN Staff Mentoring Programme. Mentoring is available as part of our ‘Plus’ membership entitles you to put up to six mentees on to our mentoring programme (depending on the size of your organisation). The award winning mentoring programme provides career development guidance and support to staff through a series of four ‘mentoring classes’ and five one to one mentoring sessions. The programme is an effective and value for money approach to supporting and investing in your staff. Our Mentoring programme runs from October to June.
- Membership includes access to FREE resources:
– Ready to use E&D presentation with training notes in different formats
– Video and audio resources for individuals and teams
– ‘Toolbox Talks’ and a ‘Diversity Guide’
– Access to our E&D elearning package for operatives and contractors.
- Examples and extracts of these resources can be found here
- A place on our ‘Train the E&D Trainer’ course for only £20 (it usually costs over £200).
- Discounted places on our HDN Board Mentoring Programme. This national programme is designed to strengthen governance and enhance diversity in the sector. This has gone from strength to strength in recent years.
Advice and Guidance
- Our unique enquiry line service which provides members to advice not only from HDN but also our network of partners and associates as well as practitioner groups. The enquiry line can be accessed by phone or email and is available to all staff of subscribing organisations, giving them straightforward practical advice on equality and diversity issues.
- Monthly e-briefings. These are emailed direct to your staff to ensure they are kept up to date with relevant good practice, news, events and publications.
- Free HDN Diversity Calendar sent out each year to be used across your organisation.
- Research briefings such as our recent publications on Governance and Diversity, the Public Sector Equality Duty, Human Rights Act and the equalities impact of welfare reform affecting housing providers.
Improving Practice across the Sector
- Free or discounted places at all Network seminars, events, training and conferences – we have a wide and varied programme of events throughout the year and across the country.
- Discount for members on our specialist training and consultancy – we have a pool of specialists and experts who can provide support to your organisation in many aspects of equality, diversity and inclusion.
- Special Member rates for our Diversity Network Accreditation (DNA) – this is an accreditation framework that focusses on outcomes and takes a more holistic view of how an organisation works around equality and diversity.
- HDN currently supports regional Equality and Diversity Networks for practitioners working in housing in England. These are a great way to share good practice, learn from your peers and keep up to date with developments.
- As a member you can use the HDN logo on marketing materials to display your commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion
- Free job advertising on our website – you can post jobs on our site to increase the reach of your recruitment.
- You will be assigned a HDN Membership contact who will ensure you are making the most of our services.
Membership fees vary based on the size of your organisation and what aspects of our service you choose. Please contact us for further detail.
To gain access to the HDN members and practitioners only area please use the Login tab on the main menu. You will need to be a member of HDN or have joined one of our practitioner groups to access these areas and you must have registered and have a username and password. If you do not have one, please click the LOGIN tab, then click on the word register and it will take you to the form page. You will automatically be sent a password which you can then use to access the members area.