To apply please click on the link: https://lqgroup.engageats.co.uk/Vacancies/J/7561/754/289012/20678/dynamics-365-power-platform-engineer
Title: Dynamics 365/Power Platform Engineer
Contract Type: Permanent, full time
Location: Stratford, London E15 4PH with occasional travel to Sidcup, Kent DA14 5HU
Interviews will be held on: w/c 01/03/2021
Closing date for completed applications:25th February 2021 N.B. We have the right to close and interview early, so please apply early
*** PREVIOUS APPLICANTS NEED NOT APPLY ***
A great opportunity has arisen for an experienced D365/Power Platform Engineer to join L&Q at a very exciting time where we will invest, grow and transform our business to provide a better service to customers old and new.
We are looking for a innovative and forward-thinking D365/Power Platform Engineer with a good knowledge of the housing industry/sector; who will be able to help shape the future D365/Power Platform IT Landscape of L&Q.
The D365/Power Platform Engineer will work within an Agile squad, and lead on the customisation, design, build, release, integration and maintenance of MS D365/Power Platform solutions to support several of our L&Q business processes.
The D365/Power Platform Engineer will have a strong background, and extensive experience in MS D365 (Sales, Customer Service, Marketing, Field Service), MS Power Platform (PowerApps, Power Automate), Azure/cloud services, as well as have a proven ability in designing, architecting, developing , and extending solutions utilising various cloud technologies and complimentary tools within the MS Azure Stack. (Logic Apps, Functions, App Services, Storage etc).
As a D365/Power Platform Engineer, you will report into an Engineering Principal but be aligned to an Agile engineering squad. You will play a hands-on role, and lead on design, build/development, and customisation activities to help develop and deliver new solutions and services to L&Q. The role will have a working relationship with other Software and D365 Engineers as well as other architectural and engineering capabilities such as Solution Architects, Data Architects, Test Engineers, DevOps engineers, Solution Analysts and also the business stakeholders that are essentially acting as your customer.
The Dynamics 365/Power Platform Engineer will:
· Lead on the customisation, design, build, release, integration and maintenance of MS D365/Power Platform solutions, whilst promoting a culture that delivers excellent customer service in line with L&Q values.
· Undertake hands-on iterative development and contribute to the team objectives, through the development of high-quality solutions in line with engineering standards, practices, procedures and the architectural framework.
· Work collaboratively and maintain relationships with both internal and external stakeholders, ensuring work items are supported and delivered in a timely manner.
· Support the planning and implementation of user stories, providing sizing and configuration assistance and performing needs assessments.
· Work closely with Engineering Principals, Solution Architects and Product Owners to review and recommend solutions designs/approach.
· Work with the Engineering Principals and Solution Architect to design and implement a streamlined automated ALM process across the D365 and Power Platform.
· Produce technical and detailed design documentation.
· Monitor MS D365 and Power Platform industry/technology trends, define best practices and identify opportunities to deliver innovative experiences to L&Q stakeholders.
· Keep the Principal Engineers fully informed on squad performance and challenges; working together to implement continuous improvement practices.
· Strengthen D365/Power Platform capabilities by sharing specialist knowledge in relevant technologies, and help applying this knowledge in the creation of effective solutions.
Skills and Experience:
· Housing sector experience as a D365/Power Platform Developer is desirable within a medium-large IT organisation; ability to facilitate the outcome of the squad are essential; Ideally strong experience within the housing industry/sector and Social Housing Knowledge including Tenancy, Maintenance, and Case Management.
· Commercial experience across the full SDLC, working with D365 (Service and Marketing modules), Power Platform (Power App and Power Automate), and previous versions of MS Dynamics.
· Experience taking a lead role on the customisation, design, build, release, integration and maintenance of MS D365/Power Platform solutions.
· Experience working with agile engineering practices including Scrum, Source Control, CI, automated testing and deployment. Worked on implementing CI/CD for D365, Power Platform and other azure services using Github/Azure DevOps build and release pipelines, Power Platform Build tools, PowerShell and ARM templates.
· Expertise extending the capability of D365 using complimentary tools and technologies from the Azure stack, including Azure Logic Apps and Azure Functions.
· Extensive experience both building and integrating with API and REST services.
· Solid understanding of configuration management across the D365 and Power Platform; Experience using Azure DevOps pipelines and Azure Key Vaults essential.
· Strong Knowledge and experience of TDD; Experience applying automated testing practices across the D365 and Power Platform.
· Excellent relationship and interpersonal skills with the ability to articulate ideas to both a technical and non-technical audience.
· Specialist technical knowledge in some of the following areas: Content Management, Performance, Monitoring, Security and D365 COTS products (Document Management, Collaboration etc).
· MCPD certifications highly desirable. If you have the skills and experience to fulfil this role and are interested in L&Q’s transformation mission, then apply without delay.
COVID 19: The safety of our staff and our candidates is of the utmost importance. Every effort will be taken to ensure that safe ways of working are adopted throughout the Recruitment and Selection process. We are introducing extra precautions in line with UK Government Guidelines. Our recruitment processes will follow social distancing and COVID-19 Secure requirements. This will include the use of various technologies to support the interview process. Should candidates have any questions regarding this, or if you require additional support please let us know at the interview planning stage.
At the foundation of everything that we do are our corporate values and associated behaviours. Our organisational behavioural framework outlines the core expectations of all employees, which should be demonstrated at all times when representing L&Q.
More information about L&Q’s values can be found on our website and a copy of our behavioural framework can be provided on request.
At L&Q, people are at the heart of our business and our success depends on employing the best people and getting the best from them. This is why we are committed to developing our people. It's only by investing in a well-trained and motivated workforce that we can continue to prosper and sustain business success.
In addition to our support and training, the successful candidate will have access to our full suite of benefits including 26 days holiday rising to 31 days with length of service, annual bonus subject to group performance, excellent Pension scheme, an employee assistance programme and non-contributory life assurance
We are committed to supporting your work-life balance and recognise the changing demands and circumstances in life. Please let us know during the recruitment process if you’re interested in part time working or job sharing. In addition, should your circumstances change once you have joined L&Q, you can also request flexible working arrangements, e.g. a change to working hours - if it’s feasible then we’ll make it happen.
We are recognised externally for our commitment to inclusion. We are a Stonewall Diversity Champion, a Disability Confident (Committed) employer and have signed the Time to Change Employer Pledge to demonstrate our commitment to end mental health discrimination in the workplace.
We expect all of our employees to support our environmental policy and social responsibility work. We are an employer committed to environmental and social responsibility.
L&Q is a regulated charitable housing association and one of the UK’s most successful independent social businesses. The L&Q Group houses around 250,000 people in more than 97,000 homes, primarily across London and the South East.
As a charitable organisation, our role goes beyond providing homes and housing services. We are a long-term partner in the neighbourhoods where we work. We hope to build aspiration, opportunity and confidence in our communities through our £250 million L&Q Foundation and our skills academy.
In response to the housing and affordability crisis, we will build 100,000 new homes over ten years. Of these, 60,000 homes will be built or funded by L&Q, whilst a further 40,000 will come through partnerships. Crucially, at least 50% of these new homes will be genuinely affordable, with a target of 60% in London.
Our vision is that everyone has a quality home they can afford, and we combine our social purpose with commercial drive to create homes and neighbourhoods everyone can be proud of.