HDN Mentoring Programme 2018-19
Do you want to invest in your staff so that they are empowered to contribute to your organisation?
It is more important than ever to invest in your staff to get the best from them and ensure your organisation thrives. It is also vital to support them to manage the critical changes taking place in the sector, whether these be restructures, changing responsibilities in roles or new ways of working, helping people to adapt effectively and take advantage of opportunities makes good business sense. HDN Mentoring provides organisations with a value for money approach to supporting and investing in their workforce, with the support and guidance of an award winning mentoring social enterprise with deep roots in the social housing sector.
1. The programme offers:
2. The staff mentoring programme is suitable for:
- Opportunities to engage with senior experienced professionals from across the sector.
- Opportunities to build networks/relationships with colleagues from different organisations in their region.
- Increased confidence, self-awareness, resilience and a forum to address challenges.
- Opportunities to learn from and share experience with colleagues from across the sector.
- Staff, up to and including first line management level, who would benefit from the full programme of one-to-one meetings with a mentor and group workshops.
- Managers who would benefit from having a mentor to exchange ideas, gain both support and challenge to develop themselves and their staff.
- Staff from any background facing barriers to development and career progression.
3. The programme includes:
4. How to apply:
- The programme runs from September to the following July.
- A full briefing for mentees and mentors at the start of the programme.
- Five meetings with a mentor.
- Four group workshops.
- A national mentoring celebration conference at the end of the programme.
- A DISC based psychometric profiling personal report
To apply as a mentee or mentor on the programme, please complete our online application below;
Closing date for applications is Friday, 6th July 2018
For further information and guidance about the programme, please click here
Why should you be a Mentor?
- Mentors make positive and long-lasting changes for individuals.
- Mentors inspire, motivate and challenge.
- Mentors learn from mentees and continue their own development.
- Mentors share their experiences, successes and failures to help others.
- Mentors can network with other mentors regionally and nationally.
- Mentors are giving something back to help build an inclusive and inspiring sector.
“Extremely positive experience. It helped me to achieve what I wanted through the restructure at work and has given me the confidence to look more positively at work and life.”
“I feel better prepared to take on new challenges as, being a mentor, was something new for me.”
“I feel the entire experience has been very insightful in not only helping me develop my work skills but feeling better about myself outside of work, developing my relationships with colleagues and friends and learning to celebrate my achievements! I would recommend it to anyone!”